Saturday, December 22, 2007

2007

2007 is over, well, almost. We are left with a few more days. Those can still be the defining few more days. Something truely momentus can still happen, which defines the year - for me, for you or may even be for the world. But as Christmas sets in and offices close, my work-year is over and time for reflection has started.



So, how was it overall? For me, it was not a bad year. Remember, 2006 was terrible for me, everything went wrong. It got better in 2007. Some wounds healed, some new grounds were broken. Professionally, a new opportunity opened up. Life became a lot less secure, but a lot more certain. A lot more fulfilling.



So, another year less to count, and one more to remember. Yes, I guess that's defining - I finally got old. My thoughts changed from aspirations to legacy, from profits to property. I thought about money, and realised how careless I have been so far. I regretted buying so many books and not one 'company paper' in my life. It showed me I am no entrepreneur; only a hopeless optimist.



Overall, I lived a boring busy life. Kept low profile, kept my patience, and counted days. Kept promising to myself that someday I shall make it big. In 2007, I also realised that the time is running out.



I saw lots of movies, and read a lot of books. Travelled a lot, clocked up airmiles and wasted lots of time on airport lounges. Most movies I saw are on inflight small screens, and most books I read in the hotel rooms. Did not take a single holiday, and did not drink much. Well, altogether, I lived like a good boy.

No comments:

Popular Posts

How To Live

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."

- Theodore Roosevelt

Last Words

We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.

- T S Eliot

Creative Commons License

AddThis