Saturday, September 05, 2009

Diary: Moving Forward in India

Last week have been busy - crazy is the right word - as I was sorting out what we do, and don't do, in India. I am feeling happy now that the job is done, more or less. In fact, like in most other things in life, it eventually turned out to be better than expected - we should be working now with a country level partner who is on the same wavelength and has the professional governance standards that we have been looking for. It was indeed worth the trouble, though I am completely exhausted at this time - physically as well as emotionally - and will surely need a break some time soon.

One good thing that NIIT did to me is to attune me to this October/September cycle of the year. For me, 30th September is always the end of the year, and 1st October, a completely new cycle starts. This goes well with my Bengaliness, this is usually the festive time and time to meet people and recharge ourselves, and starting October with a new spirit was always good. The timing of this deal signals something similar - I have worked through a difficult year and it seems that the work I was trying to do will be complete in the next few weeks, allowing me to make a fresh start in early October.

Indeed, I long decided to pursue a different career at the end of August, but needed to postpone that date as things were not sorted out. In course of the last year, I made a few commitments to people I know and cared for. I have, so far in my life, always tried my best to keep the commitments I made, and I did not want to make it any different this time. And, hence, despite the fact that I am no longer enjoying the travel, and have completely ruled out the relocation to Northern Ireland as a possibility, I decided to stay with my current employers a little while longer, till I have sorted out the job at hand. I am feeling quite relieved that it seems things will now work out that way and we shall soon start making significant breakthroughs in India - and I shall be relieved of the burden of responsibility that I seem to carry.

The demands of work has now resulted into a bit of writers' block as well - I just could not manage to write anything, even a decent email to friends, for the last couple of weeks. I am hoping that I shall be able to get more normal soon, and resume my usual lifestyle, and I am sure next time I make a meaningful post here, it will mark my return to normalcy.

No comments:

Popular Posts

How To Live

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."

- Theodore Roosevelt

Last Words

We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.

- T S Eliot

Creative Commons License

AddThis