Sunday, January 03, 2010

My New 100 Day Project

I am doing the usual - making a plan for 100 days starting tomorrow. That will take me through to 13th of April.

In the past, such 100 day projects helped me to transform my life. I am hoping to achieve the same again.

This time, my agenda is similar: To be able to live a life in line with my own dreams and aspirations. I have tried that before, but I think this time I have a clearer view of what I want. More importantly, this time, I am more confident on clearly communicating my goals, less tolerant to adjustments and just more hungry. I hope I can start living a new life if I achieve all the goals I am setting myself up with.

So, what are the goals? I know that you don't talk about goals openly lest you prove to be a failure, but then I don't fear failure or think they are a particularly bad thing. In fact, absence of failure may be worse, because that indicates that one never tried. So, if I sound a bit pompous here, forgive me - my habit is to try more than I can do without effort.

So, here is my five goals for next 100 days:

A. Get the Open College project started. This is about creating technology-enabled education offering, embedded in brick-and-mortar colleges all over the world. I am at the concept stage, and hope, in the next 100 days, I shall get this going as a venture.

B. Complete my Marketing Dissertation. I have been living with this for a while, and time that I give it a final push and get over with it.

C. Learn everything I can about modern technology, particularly Web 2.0. I am a bit dated on my technology knowledge, with so many years of 'management' jobs. However, I need to get hands on again, particularly in the context of my open college endeavour.

D. Connect my UCL studies in Education with what I am trying to do in this Open College project and make it meaningful. I should complete writing the portfolio within this period as well.

E. Develop a signature style. Not just of appearance, but of writing and communicating. Intensely debate and develop a core system of belief and living life, not just in theory but in practise. I am sure this will make me a bit more eccentric, but a lot more honest. So be it.

I see this as fun. Of course, there are other goals, which have to be achieved to support these top level ones. Hopefully, I shall be able to get a system of partnership working to take my current project forward, and get someone to hand over things from me in the next 30 to 60 days. I may help to start a Corporate Recruitment business in India, but this is something which I shall just facilitate and not be involved into much beyond the initial start. But, overall, I am looking forward to a period of intense work and life-changing fun.

I am glad holidays are over. I am looking forward to all the action.

No comments:

Popular Posts

How To Live

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."

- Theodore Roosevelt

Last Words

We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.

- T S Eliot

Creative Commons License

AddThis