Setting the Tone

Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.

- Theodore Roosevelt

Sunday, December 05, 2010

However Far Away I Go

Wherever I go
However far,
There travels with me
Weaved in waves
The name of our river.

However far away I go.

Embedded in my eyelids
There remains
The neat courtyard
Painted with Lakshmi's footsteps

However far away I go.

(Translated from Bengali, A poem by Subash Mukhopadhyay)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I appreciate your comments - as this post was intended to start a conversation. I pledge to reply to every comment posted - and do come back again so that we can carry on talking.

However, kindly note that if the comment includes an unrelated web link, I wouldn't be able to publish the comment.

AddThis

Popular Posts